About JDO Academy
JDO Academy is the leading training institute in Amsterdam for both beginning and (very) experienced Make-up & Hair professionals. Led by International Hair & Make-up Artist Juliëtte den Ouden, JDO Academy stands for quality and expertise in the beauty & fashion industry.
Whether you want to boost your career as a Hair & Make-up Artist or are just starting out, at JDO Academy you will receive the right guidance and training to develop yourself.
What makes JDO Academy unique?
- Professional educators: our carefully selected educators are all registered teachers and active in the beauty and fashion industry on a daily basis. In addition, they are trained according to the proven mission and vision of international Hair & Make-up Artist Juliette den Ouden. Thus, we guarantee that you will learn and be guided by experts with expert knowledge and teaching ability according to JDO’s vision.
- Personal attention: We believe in quality tutoring and therefore work in small classes with two tutors. This ensures personal attention and the optimal guidance you deserve.
- Practical experience: At JDO Academy, you will have the opportunity to gain experience as an assistant on professional shoots, shows or other commercial assignments both during and after your training. An indispensable experience for any aspiring professional.
- Unique support: develop your makeup talent with us and grow as a person and artist, supported by our team of experienced educators with a coaching background. We are here for you, even with an in-house professional coach for that extra step in your personal and professional development.
- Future opportunities: your career after the JDO Academy not only offers a solid start with a recognized certificate, a rich portfolio and network, but also a springboard for further professional growth. From opportunities with the JDO Talent Agency to guidance into roles with leading beauty brands!
- Contributing to the world: JDO donates 5% of each registration for a training or course to one of the charities we support.
Meet our team
Meet the expertise behind JDO Academy and our driven, talented and passionate team.
Founder and educator: Juliette den Ouden
Juliette den Ouden is not only the founder of JDO Academy, but also an international Hair & Make-up Artist with more than 20 years of experience and awarded with several awards, including ‘Hairdresser of the Year’. She combines her technical skills and creative vision to not only set trends in the fashion and beauty industry, but also to educate others in her craft.
Out of her love for the profession and a desire to share knowledge, Juliette started the JDO Academy in 2015. In addition to her own work and the Academy, Juliette is also committed to charities, including her own foundation “Unity for Albinism” and as an ambassador with Hairdressers Without Borders.
EDUCATOR: LILY BOK-LAN ONG
As a young entrepreneur, hairstylist, colorist, makeup artist, and passionate educator, Lily lives by the motto “Nothing is impossible, as long as you believe in it yourself.” She has a background ranging from freelance hairstylist in Utrecht to backstage work at various fashion shows and photo shoots.
With her experience, Lily is an expert at creating radiant looks for all kinds of occasions and providing high quality education to emerging creatives. With her warm approach and expertise, she helps students build confidence in their talent!
EDUCATOR: Chantal van 't hoff
Chantal van ‘t Hof has been passionate about hair and makeup since a young age. She has developed from an experienced hairdresser to a skilled make-up artist and educator. Her career includes work at leading salons, participation in photo shoots and shows.
Point of contact: HULYA AYDOS
PROJECT MANAGER: ROSE BOEREBOOM
Rose is responsible for managing our projects such as Salon training and Masterclasses. In addition to JDO Academy, she is also involved in JDO Management5 and supervises our artists and photo shoots.
JDO is part of Authentic Beauty Concept salons and founder Juliette den Ouden is the Global Advocate of Authentic Beauty Concept. A sustainable and vegan haircare & hairstyling brand which is not tested on animals and is free of preservatives.
As ambassadors of the great hairbrush brand Denman and with our own collection of JDO brushes in the assortment, we strive for quality. Both behind the scenes of shoots and shows, but also during our Hairstyling Classes!
As a training partner of the UWV, we help people prepare for the job market, with the UWV sometimes reimbursing training costs.
Hairdresser of the Year 2022
Best Make-Up Artist Worldwide 2014
1st price International Haircut of the year 2022
Contribute to charities with JDO Academy
At JDO Academy, we believe in providing more than just excellent education. We believe in giving back to the community and making a positive impact in the world. That’s why we donate 5% of each enrollment fee to one of the charities below that we support.
How can you help further? The charities listed below welcome your support and donations, which can make an immediate impact in the lives of many. You can do your part and possibly make a difference in someone’s life by donating through the links available.
Unity for Albinism and supporting projects
Our founder, Juliette den Ouden, founded Unity for Albinism out of a personal passion to support people with albinism. This non-profit organization is committed to several projects, focusing on inclusivity, empowerment and safety. The foundation focuses specifically on Africa where these individuals are extremely vulnerable.
Supported projects include “Savehouse Tanzania,” a shelter for more than 100 children with albinism, and “Albinism Foundation in Africa,” which fights skin cancer by shipping sunscreen to Africa. Your contribution directly helps provide essential needs and protection for these vulnerable groups.
HAIRDRESSERS WITHOUT BORDERS
Since 2019, Juliette has been global ambassador for Hairdressers Without Borders, an organization that provides makeup and hairdressing training to young women in underdeveloped countries, such as India and Nepal. These women often face domestic violence or live in poverty.
By providing them with professional training in the technical aspects of hairdressing, we help grow their self-confidence and create opportunities that change their lives.
Chair rental at JDO Salon
Are you a hairdresser or make-up artist looking for a workplace to receive your customers in a professional environment? Then it is possible to rent a chair at JDO Salon so that you can manage your own agenda and income.
For hairdressers it is possible to do their clients or customers from JDO and for make-up artists it is the perfect place to receive brides or other customers for their hair and make-up trial.